4/20/09

Monday: Santa Rosa NM to Holbrook AZ

Monday morning was crisp and clear - absolutely gorgeous! We were on the road again straight after breakfast at Denny's.


Passed Alburquerque around 12.30, stopped briefly at Grants, another little town on the original Route 66. Crossed the Continental Divide around 2pm, and noted that we were then 688 miles from home. Drove on past Gallup, over the Arizona state line and on to Holbrook, another little town on original Route 66.














In Holbrook we decided to stay for two nights to explore nearby Petrified Forest and Painted Desert. We checked in to another Best Western Adobe Inn, this one not as good s last night's, but reasonably priced.

Now it was hot - too darned hot! After a very brief walk around we retired to the cool motel room until the Sun drifted lower in the sky.

Nothing too enticing, food-wise, to choose from in town. Evening meal turned out to be something of a disaster. After trying one place which was strictly a steakhouse, with nothing to offer minimal meat eaters like ourselves, we left. Then we chose a downhome style cafe whose banner proclaimed "The Best Food in Town!" Maybe it was - was being operative word. They were out of everything we ordered! We satisfied our hunger with very basic side salad and baked potato for me and taco salad for himself. I ordered ice cream but the waitress forgot to bring it! There was one other couple in the place besides us, so she was hardly over-extended.

The Beatles get everywhere don't they? Even in that D-list cafe!



The photos show the lovely scenery we passed through. All but the last were taken from the car window, by me and my new camera, between Santa Rosa & Holbrook.

1 comment:

danny ray said...

EFFECTIVE AND POWERFUL LOVE SPELL CASTER AND LOTTERY SPELL 2019 GBOJIESPIRITUALTEMPLE@GMAIL.COM OR WHATSAPP HIM :+2349066410185
Hi i am from USA I have just experience the wonders of Dr. gbojie love spell, that have been spread on the internet and worldwide, How he marvelously helped people all over the world to restored back their marriage life and get back lost lovers, and also help to win lottery. I contacted him after going through so many testimonies from different people how he help to bring back ex lover back, i told him about my husband that abandoned me about 8 months ago, and left home with all i had.. Dr GBOJIE only told me to smile and have a rest of mind he will handle all in just 24 hours, After the second day my husband called me, i was just so shocked, i pick the call and couldn't believe my ears, he was really begging me to forgive him and making promises on phone.. He came back home and also got me a new car just for him to proof his love for me. i was so happy and called Dr Gbojie and thanked him, he only told me to share the good news all over the world .. Well if you need an effective and real spell caster contact Dr gbojie Via email: gbojiespiritualtemple@gmail.com , gbojiespiritualtemple@yahoo.com or Call or WhatsApp: +2349066410185 or check out his website : http://gbojiespiritualtemple.website2.me